It’s amazing how a photograph can make you feel. I love this photo. I feel the love that they have for each other. Whether its a Mom and dad, Brother and sister or just two friends playing, I can feel something. And thats what true art and what real love is…It’s not when something looks perfect, but when it makes you feel something.
"I Love Lucy" is an American sitcom which originally ran from 1951-1957. Since then, the show has never gone off of the air and still remains very popular with TV audiences of today.S E A S O N 1
- The Lost “I Love Lucy” Pilot/ The Girls Want To Go To a Nightclub/ Be a Pal/ The Diet/ Lucy Thinks Ricky is Trying To Murder Her/ The Quiz Show/ The Audition/ The Séance/ Men are Messy/ The Fur Coat/ Lucy is Jealous of Girl Singer/ Drafted/ The Adagio/ The Benefit/ The Amateur Hour/ Lucy Plays Cupid/ Lucy Fakes Illness/ Lucy Writes a Play/ Breaking The Lease/ The Ballet/ The Young Fans/ New Neighbours/ Fred and Ethel Fight/ The Moustache/ The Gossip/ Pioneer Women/ The Marriage License/ The Kleptomaniac/ Cuban Pals/ The Freezer/ Lucy Does a TV Commercial/ The Publicity Agent/ Lucy Gets Ricky on the Radio/ Lucy’s Schedule/ Ricky Thinks He’s Getting Bald/ Ricky Asks For a RaiseS E A S O N 2
- Job Switching/ The Saxophone/ The Anniversary Present/ The Handcuffs/ The Operetta/ Vacation from Marriage/ The Courtroom/ Redecorating/ Ricky Loses His Voice/ Lucy is Enceinte/ Pregnant Women are Unpredictable/ Lucy’s Showbiz Swan Song/ Lucy Hires an English Tutor/ Ricky has Labour Pains/ Lucy Becomes a Sculptress/ Lucy Goes to the Hospital/ Sales Resistance/ The Inferiority Complex/ The Club Election/ The Black Eye/ Lucy Changes her Mind/ No Children Allowed/ Lucy Hires a Maid/ The Indian Show/ Lucy’s Last Birthday/ The Ricardos Change Apartments/ Lucy is Matchmaker/ Lucy Wants New Furniture/ The Camping Trip/ Ricky and Fred are TV Fans/ Never Do Business with FriendsS E A S O N 3
- Ricky’s Life Story/ The Girls Go into Business/ Lucy and Ethel Buy the Same Dress/ Equal Rights/ Baby Pictures/ Lucy Tells the Truth/ The French Revue/ Redecorating the Mertzes’ Apartment/ Too Many Crooks/ Changing the Boys’ Wardrobe/ Lucy Has her Eyes Examined/ Ricky’s Old Girlfriend/ The Million Dollar Idea/ Ricky Minds the Baby/ The Charm School/ Sentimental Anniversary/ Fan Magazine Interview/ Oil Wells/ Ricky Loses His Temper/ Home Movies/ Bonus Bucks/ Ricky’s Hawaiian Vacation/ Lucy is Envious/ Lucy Writes a Novel/ Lucy’s Club Dance/ The Black Wig/ The Diner/ Tennessee Ernie Visits/ Tennessee Ernie Hangs On/ The Golf Game/ The SubleaseS E A S O N 4
- The Business Manager/ Mertz and Kurtz/ Lucy Cries Wolf/ The Matchmaker/ Mr. & Mrs. TV Show/ Ricky’s Movie Offer/ Ricky’s Screen Test/ Lucy’s Mother-In-Law/ Ethel’s Birthday/ Ricky’s Contract/ Getting Ready/ Lucy Learns To Drive/ California, Here We Come/ First Stop/ Tennessee Bound/ Ethel’s Home Town/ L.A. At Last/ Don Juan and the Starlets/ Lucy Gets in Pictures/ The Fashion Show/ The Hedda Hopper Story/ "Don Juan" is Shelved/ Bull Fight Dance/ Hollywood Anniversary/ The Star Upstairs/ In Palm Springs/ The Dancing Star/ Harpo Marx/ Ricky Needs An Agent/ The TourS E A S O N 5
- Lucy Visits Grauman’s/ Lucy and John Wayne/ Lucy and the Dummy/ Ricky Sells the Car/ The Great Train Robbery/ Homecoming/ Face to Face/ Lucy Goes to a Rodeo/ Nursery School/ Ricky’s European Booking/ The Passports/ Staten Island Ferry/ Bon Voyage/ Second Honeymoon/ Lucy Meets the Queen/ The Fox Hunt/ Lucy Goes to Scotland/ Paris At Last/ Lucy Meets Charles Boyer/ Lucy Gets a Paris Gown/ Lucy In the Swiss Alps/ Lucy Gets Homesick In Italy/ Lucy’s Italian Movie/ Lucy’s Bicycle Trip/ Lucy Goes to Monte Carlo/ Return Home from EuropeS E A S O N 6
- Lucy and Bob Hope/ Little Ricky Learns to Play the Drums/ Lucy Meets Orson Welles/ Little Ricky Gets Stage Fright/ Visitor from Italy/ Off to Florida/ Deep-Sea Fishing/ Desert Island/ The Ricardos Visit Cuba/ Little Ricky’s School Pageant/ Christmas Show/ Lucy and the Loving Cup/ Lucy and Superman/ Little Ricky Gets A Dog/ Lucy Wants to Move to the Country/ Lucy Hates to Leave/ Lucy Misses the Mertzes/ Lucy Gets Chummy With the Neighbours/ Lucy Raises Chickens/ Lucy Does the Tango/ Ragtime Band/ Lucy’s Night in Town/ Housewarming/ Building a Bar-B-Q/ Country Club Dance/ Lucy Raises Tulips/ The Ricardos Dedicate a Statue
(if any of the links are broken, please message me and I will replace them!)
when will america learn….
We won’t learn, because our education system sucks
Instead of treating kids like machines in a factory, being created into obedient workers. It looks like in Finland they’re treated like actual humans.
it’s also because all teachers there have masters’ degrees, and teaching is seen as a prestigious profession like medicine or law.
What’s actually wrong with American schools is not that they’re not like Finnish schools.
What’s wrong with American schools is that they’re an outdated relic of the early 20th century, where the object was to train a child to have the mindset required to work in a factory job long hours of the day, as at the time that mandatory public school was instituted, that was the main expectation of children.
As the industrial age faded and the US entered the era of private sector jobs, the education system failed to reflect that change, and they’re still training us to have the mindset for an industrial job, not a job in today’s job market.
The problem with American schools is not that they’re not like Finnish schools.
The problem with American schools is that they’re preparing us for jobs that no longer exist.
That bold text.. 😔
- You are stronger than you realise.
- You are crueller than you realise.
- The smallest words will break your heart.
- You will change. You’re not the same person you were three years ago. You’re not even the same person you were three minutes ago and that’s okay. Especially if you don’t like the person you were three minutes ago.
- People come and go. Some are cigarette breaks, others are forest fires.
- You won’t like your name until you hear someone say it in their sleep.
- You’ll forget your email password but ten years from now you’ll still remember the number of steps up to his flat.
- You don’t have to open the curtains if you don’t want to.
- Never stop yourself texting someone. If you love them at 4 a.m., tell them. If you still love them at 9.30 a.m., tell them again.
- Make sure you have a safe place. Whether it’s the kitchen floor or the Travel section of a bookshop, just make sure you have a safe place.
- You will be scared of all kinds of things, of spiders and clowns and eating alone, but your biggest fear will be that people will see you the way you see yourself.
- Sometimes, looking at someone will be like looking into the sun. Sometimes someone will look at you like you are the sun. Wait for it.
- You will learn how to sleep alone, how to avoid the cold corners but still fill a bed.
- Always be friends with the broken people. They know how to survive.
- You can love someone and hate them, all at once. You can miss them so much you ache but still ignore your phone when they call.
- You are good at something, whether it’s making someone laugh or remembering their birthday. Don’t ever let anyone tell you that these things don’t matter.
- You will always be hungry for love. Always. Even when someone is asleep next to you you’ll envy the pillow touching their cheek and the sheet hiding their skin.
- Loneliness is nothing to do with how many people are around you but how many of them understand you.
- People say I love you all the time. Even when they say, ‘Why didn’t you call me back?’ or ‘He’s an asshole.’ Make sure you’re listening.
- You will be okay.
- You will be okay.
21 things my father never told me (via forlornes)